I'm 9 years old. My favorite color is hot pink. I started this blog because I really wanted to make cards. I saw Mommy do it all the time and it looked pretty fun. My mom told me I could have my very own blog and I'm so excited that I did it! It's all because of Mommy <3

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

July CYP Kids' Challenge

Welcome to July's Craft Your Passion Kids' Challenge card!  This month the challenge is to include Adorable Animals in your design.

I colored this really cute mouse with my Bic markers.  I matched some cute paper to my cute mouse.  At first I was following a sketch from Operation Write Home, but then I decided to go my own way.  For me, it doesn't feel natural to follow a sketch.  When I first started making cards, I just did my own thing.  Mommy encouraged me to use a sketch so my cards wouldn't all look the same, but I like it better when I don't use a sketch.  I included my signature star punch, just for a little show.

Card Supplies:
image - The Paper Shelter
sentiment - Create with TLC
patterned paper - Three Bugs in a Rug
punches - Fiskars star punch, Stampin' Up circle punches
cardstock - from Mommy's stash

1 comment:

  1. I love your card Kaylie! Cute image! Love the mouse and the sentiment! I understand wanting to do your own thing and as long as the creativity is there that's great. I like the sketches when I don't know where to start and your Mom is right...it helps you to do things you might not otherwise. One day you will find them helpful. For now keep up the good work! You're doing a fine job!

    ReplyDelete